Gwalior is known for its large number of educational institutions.
Higher education is offered by:
- Jiwaji University, an affiliating university accrediting many local institutes and colleges.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior (IIITM); deemed university
- MLB College
- Gajara Raja Medical College which is more than 50 years old.
- Madhav Institute of Technology and Science (MITS); one of the oldest engineering Institutes in central India.
- Institute of Technology and Management(ITM Universe).
- Maharana Pratap College of Technology (MPCT).
- Gwalior Engineering College (GEC).
- NRI ITM.
- BVM College, Darpan Colony.
- Laxmi Bai National Institute of Physical Education LNIPE, one of the foremost sports universities of India.
- Indian Institute of Travel and Tourism Management.
- Agriculture College , Race Corse Road.
- LNIPE – Laxmi Bai National Institute of Physical Education.
- SOS – School of Studies, Jiwaji University Gwalior. Etc.
- Bhagwat Sahay Govt. College, T- Road, Gwalior-2.
- Govt. Girls Degree College, Morar.
- Govt. Science College Jhansi Road.
- Women Polytechnic MLB Road.
- Ayurvedic College, Amkho Gwalior.
- Madhav Collage, Nai Sadak.
Gwalior has some very good schools including the Scindia School, which draws students from all over the country, as well as L.A.H.S., Scindia Kanya Vidyalaya, Carmel Convent, Vidya Bharti, St. Pauls, Miss-hills, A.M.I and R.K.V.M(both m.p as well as c.b.s.e boards).